Yvonne Jegede is a Nollywood actress, producer, model, television personality and a philanthropist. She was born on 25th August 1983 in Born in Agenebode, Edo State, Nigeria. She is currently 33 years. She is originally from Agenebode, Edo State, Nigeria. She completed her primary and secondary education in Lagos. As a kid she has been dreaming of becoming a super model. She was introduced to acting by a movie director Charles Novia.
After her secondary education she joined the Nigerian movie industry [Nollywood] and featured in “Missing Angels” In 2005 she rose to prominence after being featured in the Tuface Idibia music video “African Queen” In 2007, she took a break from acting to further her studies. She attended University of Cyprus to study International Relations.
After her graduation from the University, she made her return in 2012. In 2015 she produced her first film “3 is Company” In late 2016, she covered the wedding edition for Genevieve Nnaji magazine, wearing an Agatha Moreno wedding gown.
She has acted in over 100 Nollywood movies which include Missing Angels, 3 is Company, Okafor’s Law, etc.
Her movie “3 is Company” was premiered on 3rd July 2015, at Terra Kulture, Victoria Island, Lagos, Nigeria. Yvonne Jegede has featured in 3 music videos such as African Queen by 2Face, Ego by Dijinee and Kokose by Sound Sultan.She has won several African movie awards such as Best Actress of the Year at the Africa Magic Viewers Choice Awards.
Here are Seven (7) quick facts You Must Know about Nollywood Actress Yvonne Jegede about her.
1. She was born 25th August 1983 in Agenebode, Edo state, Nigeria.
2. Jegede was introduced to acting by Charles Novia despite aspiring to be a model as a kid.
3. In 2007, Jegede who took a break from acting to further her studies, went to Cyprus to study International Relations at a University there. She made her return in 2012.
4. In 2015 she produced her first film ”3 is Company”.
5. Yvonne has featured in 3 music videos – African Queen by 2Face, ‘Ego’ by Dijinee, and ‘Kokose’ by Sound Sultan.
6. She has once confirmed in an interview that her brain is her selling point not her body.
7. Yvonne married late Bukky Ajayi’s son, Abounce in February 2017.