Tosyn Bucknor worked with Top Radio for 7 years where she was known as ‘Area Mama‘ before joining Inspiration FM.
She passed on one year after the death of her dad, Segun Bucknor.
How Tosyn Bucknor died battling sickle cell crisis
According to a report, Tosyn had battled sickle cell crisis in the last three weeks preceding her death.
A source at Inspiration FM told TheNet that Tosyn was excused from work to recover but didn’t return.
“It is a difficult time for every one of us at Inspiration FM because we did not see it coming. The last time she was here was three weeks ago. She had been excused from work because she had another crisis but we thought she would pull through as she usually did, but we did not know that was the last time we would see her,” the source was quoted as saying.
All you need to know about Tosyn Bucknor
The late OAP was married to a French man Aurelien Boyer in 2015.
A terrible news to hear today is the demise of OAP with Inspiration FM, Oluwatosin “Tosyn” Bucknor.
Tosyn was found dead by her husband Aurelien Boyer when he arrived from work Monday night.
Tosyn was born with sickle cell anaemia and was a graduate of law from the University of Lagos.
Tosyn Bucknor was not just an OAP; she was a writer, singer, songwriter, lawyer and activist. She packed an entire lifetime of living into the 37 years she lived.
Her voice woke millions of people up daily and her work, such as the THESE GENES project she started to raise awareness for people living with sickle cell anaemia, a debilitating disease she had battled since birth.
She did not allow the illness to stop her from chasing her dreams and she excelled at them all. All of them.
10 Things To Know About Popular OAP, Tosyn Bucknor
Multi-Talented, Tosyn Bucknor was a successful media personnel and she had loads of fans who loved her extremely well.
Here are 10 things to know about her:
1. Tosyn Bucknor was born to Sola Bucknor and Segun Bucknor in a cab on 15th August 1981.
2. She had sickle cell anaemia
3. She attended Queens College, Yaba and studied Law at the University of Lagos and Nigerian Law School.
4.Tosyn is sister to popular events planner, Funke Bucknor, CEO Zaphairre Events.
5. She started her radio career at Eko FM with Tee-A.
6. She was the only female radio host handling the morning show at Top Radio and later owned a morning talk show on Inspiration FM.
7. Asides being an OAP, Tosyn Bucknor was also a blogger and vlogger.
8. Tosyn was a singer-songwriter who had only one album.
9. She was also an MC and event host for several events and involved herself in advocacy and goodwill programmes.
10. Tosyn married her heartthrob Aurelien Boyer, a French man in November 2015.